Posted by pjcloud9 on December 13, 2010
‘Tis the season for people at the office to show appreciation for one another in the form of food. Every time I go to the printer to pick-up a paper, there is a new box of truffles or cookies or candies staring me in the face. Every stop in the breakroom consists of leftover pizza or sandwiches from a team party. And don’t doubt for a minute by later this week, the crockpots will be fired up challenging the circuitry of this facility with their slow-simmering little smokies and Swedish meatballs. (The air quality will be challenged in multiple ways as well.) Potlucks all around – ew!
Join me on Twitter as I hash it out with #HolidayFattening. The intent is if I Tweet it, I won’t eat it.
Tips to stop the madness of #HolidayFattening in your life these next 2 grueling weeks:
- Tweet it so you won’t eat it: #HolidayFattening (Or eat it and Tweet it and guilt ensues – FUN!)
- Find a way to burn a few extra calories each day. Park farther away, take the stairs, get up from your desk and walk around for 5 min, etc.
- If you can find time to workout among the holiday chaos, add 10% time each day for the next couple weeks. So, if you want to get 20 minutes in, add 2 more just for good measure
- Shame those who bring in treats by making a list, passing it around to the department and then posting it for all to see on the intranet (oh, not that one – sorry!)
- You can have a taste if you aren’t afraid to throw food away. Take an enjoyable bite or two, then pitch it. Half the calories!
- Be the life of the party by bringing healthy food in for the potluck. Veggie trays, pita chips & hummus, be creative not creamy.